Birgie the Flower Lady- 1995 pressed flower card catalogue pages








Comments

  1. Creating all these pressed flower cards in the early nineties really helped me "heal". By 1995 I was ready to create a manual catalogue with the hope of selling lots of cards. As a single unemployed mom with 2 teenagers every little bit helped. My kids and I worked together as a team, each working on their own passion while working on graduating from high school. Jason's was karate and computer programming (built me my second computer), Janine's was acting, art, writing and music (recording via her karaoke machine in the bathroom). Mine was picking & pressing flowers in telephone books, then creating art cards from my findings. As a menopausal mom it helped keep me sane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The year is now 2022 and my husband Allan Ludlow & I have a Gift Shop Gallery Workshop called Birgie and friends at 4343 Queen St. Niagara Falls, ON. , since June 2019. We hope you will visit us if you're in Niagara Falls. Stay safe!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you